Thursday, December 04, 2008

Pastor Geir says good bye

Christmas Day will by the last worship service for Geir Sakseid as the pastor of Bergen International Church.

During the last seven and a half year I have seen this church grow from a small fellowship to a mature congregation. It has been a very exciting time! I am so grateful to God that he gave me this experience. I am also full of thanks to all those people who have walked with me during this time, and who will continue to be a part of this international family after I leave.
There have been many ups and downs since we started to plan this church. After one year of meeting in two small groups, we went ahead with the first official worship service, but then several of our key people left Bergen for other assignments. Still we struggled on. As some left, more people have always come. Even some of those who left in the early days have now returned from abroad and have become very active again.

I am sure that our God, who is behind this ministry, will also strengthen the church in the time ahead. We may not know what the future holds, but we know who holds the future! God bless you all.

P.S. The new pastor will soon be presented!

No comments: